Friday, July 23, 2010

July 22, 2010


July 22, 2010

Left Anchorage late morning. Spent the morning doing laundry and cleaning the camper while Paul met with a friend of his that lives in Anchorage. He gave Paul some information on where he should try his luck at salmon fishing. So off we headed to Sterling AK. Just south of Anchorage. What a beautiful drive down the Kenai Peninsula. Arrived shortly after lunch and went to a local fishing/hardware store to get Paul set up with all the necessary fishing equipment to fish for salmon. With a lot of prodding he finally got what was needed. We all know that Paul can be a little tight (I may have mentioned that before). He had a hard time purchasing the waders that are needed since he thought he'd probably only use them this one time, but I explained to him that there are many outfits I have purchases that I have maybe only worn once! And as far as the expense he was incurring, I reminded him that even though it was hard for me to spend the money on yet another Vera Bradley, it is vacation....enjoy! Needless to say he left with great equipment and set out to the river to get us a salmon dinner. Now it's not that I don't have faith in my husbands fishing skills, but I did decide to make the girls and I a little snack while we waited....just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment