Tuesday, July 6, 2010

We finally left!!!Yeaah!! July 5, 2010 at 9:40a.m. Got in the car and punched Alaska into the GPS and couldn't find it!!Yikes. Good for Paul I am learning how to read a map as we go!! Im sure we'll make it. We hadn't gone too far before the girls started complaining. Abby felt the truck and road were too bumpy and it was interfering with her WII games, and the sun was shining too bright on her side of the car, effecting the screen viewing. Then Mallory began early on complaining that her back hurt, "why can't we have reclining comfortable seats?" I wonder how kids now a days would cope with travel like we encountered as kids? We only could listen to talk radio(usually the hog and farm reports), entertainment was looking at the view(if you were lucky enough to get by a window), and as far a comfort goes usually we were crammed into the backseat with a few other siblings(usually leaning on u)!
We drove around 8hours arriving in Clearwater MN around 6 pm just as the rain was beginning to get harder. Decided it best to cook indoors and watch movies, then bed early so we could get on road early, however, my version of early differs a little from Pauls!!!

We left at around 8:30am to begin our second long day of driving. Pretty good nite for most of us. Abby however woke of soaking wet. Apparently, there was a slight leak due to the rain and we think the fact that we left the camper hooked up to the truck so it wasn't balanced properly, in turn Abby's, pillow, sheet, and head was soaked. I would have to say she must have been pretty worn out, since she didn't wake up to it any earlier!

Today is also Paul and I's 14th wedding anniversary! He is in a very good mood today and I am sure it is all the happy memories of the last 14 years that he has shared with me that he is replaying in his mind that brings him the smile on his face!!! Seriously, it has been a wonderfully awesome 14 years for me and I'm sure hoping for many more and many more memories!
Hope everyone is well and I'll keep u all updated.

Well, we should arrive in Canada today, so I not sure about service for the next couple days, plus I am hoping for some great sites along the way, so typing on my computer will not be on my mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment